Friday, July 13, 2012

Favorite thing Friday - Saskatoon photographer

One word:  Macaroons.  These things are so delicious!  I don't make them as often as I would like, because the hubby doesn't like coconut, and let's be honest, I don't need to eat a whole batch to myself all that often:).  They are so easy to make, and taste so good!  Here is my mom's recipe: 

-2 cups of sugar (I reduce this to about 1.25 cups)
-6 tablespoons cocoa
-1/2 cup butter
-1/2 cup milk
-1/2 tsp vanilla
-1 cup of shredded coconut
-3 cups of rolled oats (that makes it healthy right?)

Combine sugar, cocoa, butter and milk in a saucepan.  Bring to a boil, then add vanilla.  Remove from heat, stir in coconut and rolled oats.  Drop by spoonfuls on wax paper and chill for at least one hour.  ENJOY!


 

2 comments:

  1. We made these this week too. Must be the hot weather that reminds us of macaroons as we do not make them very often either. Was thinking of you when I made them. :)

    ReplyDelete