Friday, November 15, 2013

Then & Now II - Saskatoon photographers

A couple of weeks ago I started doing a series called 'Then & Now', showcasing some of my work my first year in business, and comparing them to shoots I've done recently.  I absolutely love to photograph weddings, so I thought today would be a great day to showcase a 'Then & Now' wedding series.

This was from my very first wedding I ever shot alone.  OK, well I did bring my mom along as my assistant, so I wasn't technically alone, haha.  This couple was so lovely, and I did get some great shots.  Lets start with a safe one.  Go stand over there in the shade and kiss.  This is what you get....


Nowadays I rarely get the actual kiss.  I much prefer to get the moments right before and right after the kiss.  

  
I call this one the 'grandma shot'.  It's looking at the camera and smiling shot.  The one that grandma is going to want for her fridge.


Choosing the perfect location, and showcasing both the bride and groom are ideal for the 'grandma shot'.  I love this one from a wedding I shot this last summer.  The pose is really traditional, but the location is far from it.  


This shot is probably one of my favorites from my first wedding.  It is pretty darn cute!   


I do however prefer something a little more artistic, and showing a little more detail in the shadows. My Photoshop skills with black and whites sure have improved:).  


No comments:

Post a Comment